Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Holy Frak!! BattleStar Galactica is awesome!

I'll be the first to admit that 5 years ago when I heard the SciFi channel was remaking BSG I laughed. The mental image of the kind of nerds that would want to watch a remake of a POS 80s Star Wars ripoff show made me feel vastly superior in my dorkyness. Never would I stoop to the level of those losers.

Five years later... Myself and Dana are currently on Season 3 of the show and completely addicted. I never thought in a million years that I would be completely sucked into a show that I had such previous judgements about. The show is seriously one of the best written and acted shows we have watched. I'm proud to list it along side The Wire, Alias, Lost and Rome as my top 5 favorite modern television shows.

Wether you believe me or not, just watch the Mini-series that started the show. It has every aspect of what makes a great drama. It's not like Star Wars or Star Trek. There aren't annoying kids or CG robots running around. No lightsabers or darkside vs lightside crap. It just a war drama that happens to take place in space. Involving humans that are in many ways just like us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More